1. Make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements listed below and that you are eligible to apply.
The UCLES regulations state that all candidates must:
I. Be at least 20 years old by the end of the course.
II. Have an awareness of language and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to undertake the course.
III. Have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to successfully complete the written assignments of practice teaching.
All candidates are required to complete a 100 per cent attendance and therefore should ensure that they are free of all commitments for the duration of the course.
Due to the intensive nature of the course it is unsuitable for those who are suffering from stress and/or who have recently undergone traumatic experiences. Candidates who are receiving medical treatment should consult their doctor before applying.
2. Please note that whilst there are no application deadlines, places are strictly limited on each course. It is also essential that all course fees, accommodation and Language Link visa costs be paid in full 4 weeks prior to course commencement. Late applications will be dealt with on an individual basis.
3. Complete and return the following:
I. Online Application Form
II. Pre-interview Task (requests for Pre-interview Tasks should be sent using an online form)
Please note that the Pre-interview Task is an integral part of the selection process and no application can be considered without it. Completed Pre-interview Tasks may be returned to Language link via post, fax or e-mail. However, please note that post to and from Russia can take a minimum of 4 weeks unless sent by express mail. Therefore, it may be preferential to return the completed Task by fax or e-mail. Our contact information is:
|Language Link ELT
Novoslobodskaya ul. 5/2
Tel.: +7 495 250 6900
Fax : +7 495 250 6360
4. On receipt of the above, Language Link will contact short listed candidates to arrange an interview. Those living outside Russia may arrange a telephone interview. All other candidates will be notified.
5. Following the interview, candidates will be notified as to course acceptance/rejection. Language Link cannot enter into correspondence as to reasons why candidates are not accepted for the course. The decision of the Academic Director, Language Link Russia is final.
6. The total cost for CELTA tuition is 1250 USD which includes the examination fee. Candidates accepted on the CELTA course should notify Language Link ELT of their intention to accept the place and pay a deposit of 200 USD to Language Link. This deposit is non-refundable and serves to cover the costs of the UCLES fee, the Language Link visa administration costs and accommodation deposit. Places can only be guaranteed to those who have paid a deposit. Payment can be made by Sterling cheque drawn on a British bank, bank transfer or cash in Moscow. To ensure that we are aware of your payment by bank transfer you must fax a copy of the SWIFT (Society World-wide Interbank Financial Telecommunications) message when you transfer your fees to us. Please mark the fax for the attention of ELT. Make sure you retain a copy of the transfer details.
Important: After payment has been received, we will send you confirmation of both your payment and place on the course. If you do not receive this confirmation within 3 working days, please contact us immediately.
Cancellation. The following cancellation fees apply to all CELTA courses:
|Cancellation up to four weeks before course begin||200 USD deposit|
|Cancellation within 4 weeks of course start date, on or after course date||Full payment|
N.B. Language Link reserves the right to cancel the above-mentioned course. In the event of cancellation by Language Link, 100 per cent of the total fee paid will be refunded. In the event of Force Majeur, 100 per cent of the total fee paid will be refunded, too.