The University of Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults has long been recognized as a first-class introduction to the English teaching profession. It is intended for those wishing to enter the profession or those with little teaching experience who wish to extend their knowledge of teaching. It is regarded highly by employers who value the practical emphasis of the course and it has enabled many successful candidates to obtain their first teaching position or improve their career prospects within their own institution.
The qualification gives you:
- Recognition as a qualified English teacher both in Britain and worldwide
- A knowledge of the English language, its grammar, phonology and lexis
- Up-to-date methodology of language teaching to adults (i.e. age 16+)
- A basis for later study at the UCLES Diploma level
The UCLES CELTA Programme
The CELTA Programme, as laid out by UCLES, is designed to equip teachers with the necessary skills to operate effectively in a variety of ELT contexts and must include:
- A minimum of 100 contact hours between the candidates and course tutors which involves input, tutorial support, supervised lesson planning, feedback and peer observation
- Plus six hours assessed teaching practice supervised by a course tutor
- Plus eight hours directed observation of live lessons taught by experienced ELT professionals
Specifically, the CELTA Programme is designed to enable candidates to:
1. Develop an awareness of language and a knowledge of the description of English and apply these in their professional practices.
2. Develop an initial understanding of the contexts within which adults learn English, their motivations and the roles of teachers and learners.
3. Develop familiarity with the principles and practices of effective teaching to adult learners of English.
4. Develop basic skills for teaching adults in the language classroom.
5. Develop familiarity with appropriate resources and materials for use with adult learners of English for teaching, testing, and for reference.
6. Identify opportunities for their own future development as professionals in the field.
The Language Link CELTA
Language Link offers a four-week intensive course 125-hour CELTA programme in Rostov na Donu:
All candidates have access to our Teacher Training Resource Centre and PCs.
Rostov na Donu: Full-time courses consists of four weeks of intensive study Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.00pm for those who wish to gain their teaching qualification within a short period of time.
CELTA Course Dates for Rostov na Donu (2016)
|University of Cambridge in Rostov na Donu|
|Four-week full-time course - dates for 2016|
|Course Dates ||Registration End Date ||Course Fee ||Early Registration End Date*|
|30 May - 24 June 2016 ||30 April 2016 ||1000 GBP ||30 March 2016 |
|27 June - 22 July 2016 ||27 May 2016 ||1000 GBP ||27 April 2016|
|25 July - 19 August 2016 ||25 June 2016 ||1000 GBP ||25 May 2016 |
|* Course Fee for Early Bird Registration: 950 GBP|
Moscow: Language Link Moscow will not be offering the CELTA in 2016. At this time, Language Link Moscow is running its own Teacher Internship Certification Programme which, though qualitatively the same, incorporates a number of additional components focused on teaching young learners, business English, conversational English, international exams and one to one. If interested in Language Link's Teacher Internship Programme please see details under 'Job Opportunities'.