The FCE and CAE Exam Certificate Course is a 32-hour teacher course specifically developed to help teachers to better prepare their students to take the FCE (First Certificate in English) and CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) Cambridge exams. The course was created and is run by a qualified Cambridge examiner.
During the course participants will:
- examine each Paper one by one. Course participants will do a sample part from each paper, analyse what is being tested and then look at ways of teaching the various skills and techniques to their students.
- be given ideas and supplementary materials for use in teaching these Papers- some of which they will try out on the course.
- be shown how each Paper is marked, based on the Cambridge marking schemes.
- discuss typical mistakes made by Russian students on the Writing Paper. Course participants will have an opportunity to mark and grade sample writings.
- Be given instruction into how to grade students for the Speaking Paper. During the course, participants will be given the opportunity to grade real students actually taking the exam.